Keystone awarded Custom Insurance Services (Custom) headquartered in Crystal City, Missouri, its highest honor – National Agency of the Year – during Keystone’s annual National Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana. Keystone President and CEO David E. Boedker, Sr. made the announcement along with Custom agency principals Tony Becker and Grant Bowen.
The award recognizes the agency that best exemplifies Keystone’s mission: “Independence works better together.” Criteria include demonstrating a commitment to growing through leadership mentoring, engaging in technology advancements, employing best practices to improve operations, and developing new income streams to strengthen business diversity.
Custom was one of 12 state winners nominated for the honor. The other eleven nominees, all of which are Keystone ‘State Agencies of the Year,’ included:
- GA – Griffin & Company Insurance (Albany, griffingriffin.net)
- IL – Olsick Insurance Group (Willowbrook, olsick.com)
- IN – The DeHayes Group (Fort Wayne, dehayes.com)
- MI – Hartland Insurance Agency (Hartland, hartlandinsurance.com)
- MN – Cartier Insurance (Duluth, caduluth.com)
- NC – Mountcastle Insurance (Lexington, mountcastleinsurance.com)
- OH – Huesman-Schmid Insurance Agency (Cincinnati, huesmanschmid.com)
- PA – RWR Group, Inc. (Bedford, rwrinsurance.com)
- TN – Heritage Insurance Group (Johnson City, herinsgrp.com)
- VA – Coverage Inc. (Chantilly, coverageinc.com)
- WI – Walker Agency (Berlin, walkeragencyinc.com)
The leadership team at Custom explained this award signifies a core change they’ve made within the agency: “The most positive change we’ve seen since joining Keystone is a can-do attitude that we didn’t used to have. When we were on our own, many times if we were presented with something difficult, we would check with our E&S brokers. If they didn’t have a market for it, we might have told someone we just couldn’t help them. It’s not just the market access that we get through Keystone – the core carriers, and the core wholesalers – it’s the network of peers we can ask for advice.”
“It is my honor to congratulate Custom Insurance Services as Keystone’s 2022 National Agency of the Year,” stated David E. Boedker, Sr., Chief Executive Officer of Keystone. “Keystone aligns only with best-in-class independent agents across the country, and Custom Insurance Services exemplifies their commitment to growth, service, and excellence. I’m excited to see what the future holds for Tony, Grant, and the rest of the agency team!”
About Custom Insurance Services, Inc: Custom Insurance Services was founded in 1975 in Crystal City. Through that time the agency has remained under local ownership and management and is guided by one principle: do what’s best for the customer. Don Becker, one of the initial founders, remains on our board of directors. We are proud to count some of the best local businesses and organizations among our customers, as well as thousands of families who entrust their home, auto and other personal insurance needs to us. For more, visit www.custom-ins.com.